Thursday, May 12, 2011

22oz Black Canvas Messenger Bag "Jack Pack" Review

This semester I have been using a black messenger bag for school, I thought I would end up hating it but that is not the case. I have tried messenger bags before and hated them but they were cheaply made nylon pieces with skinny straps that dug into my shoulder. This one is different, it is the one that is used as Jack Bauer's pack in the show "24". If it's good enough for Jack, it's good enough for you.
As you might be able to see the bag has 6 pockets,
a main pocket, 2 front pockets, 2 side pockets, and a "hidden interior pocket. I use the front pockets for small notebooks, pens, anything with a clip, headphones, and a length of 550 cord. The side pockets I use for my Surefire G2 and a Nalgene bottle. Of course I use the main pocket for books and the like as well. While it looks small in this picture I assure you it is quite large, the dimensions are 15" x 11" x 6" and it will swallow anything you want to stuff in it!
The bag itself is made out of 22oz Heavyweight Canvas and it certainly is quite hefty when empty, that is actually the reason I bought it, I wanted a sturdy bag to use and 22oz canvas with brass hardware fit the bill. No nylon, no plastic, no 1" straps. Speaking of straps the ones on this bag are of the 2" variety and work very well. While they could be a bit longer but they fit me well and sit right.
Here you can see a ruler next to it. 15" is pretty sizable.
I don't know where they got an 11" height from because it is taller than that, it has no elastic yet can expand to a good width as well.
Here is the inside with the 6th "hidden pocket" I use for erasers and extra lead. As you can see it dwarfs the ruler.
This may be the 11" measurement, although you are not limited to 11" by this, the top will cover most objects to give you at least another 5" of space.
I don't know why but here is a shot of my Surefire inside it. Now I got mine from an Army/Navy Surplus site but I found this site that sells it for $15.99 plus shipping and handling. I am not affiliated with this site, or any other site for that matter, I don't generate enough traffic in my corner of the web, which is good because I don't like traffic since it annoys me to be stuck in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment