Friday, September 10, 2010

My Personal EDC (Every Day Carry)

"Everyday Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies. In a broader sense, it is a lifestyle, discipline, or philosophy of preparedness." (http://everyday-carry.com/) This is my personal EDC, what I carry, and why I carry it:

 This is everything, The Oakley polarized Gas Can sunglasses usually stay in my truck but do tag along every once in awhile. The rest of the items here reside in my pockets and get used daily. What follows is a break down of what I carry, why, and how I carry it.
Oakley Polarized Gas Can sunglasses, Matte Black, Black Chrome O - I only wear Oakley sunglasses, I think they are the best sunglasses in their market and they fit me very well.
8GB iPod nano, Blue - This is probably the most color in my post, I carry it for the music (DUH!) and it sits either in my truck, or in an armband for when I'm running. Song is Necrotizing Fasciitis by Becoming the Archetype.
Bluetooth Watch- I bought it thinking I would use it much more than I do, although it doesn't get used because my phone battery will die very quickly with bluetooth on lol. It's a nice watch, quartz movement, but nice. The screen on the bottom shows the number and contact of who is calling you and the watch vibrates (very silently, but noticeable to me easily) when a phone call or text message is received.
Moleskine Large Blank Sketchbook and Zebra F-301 Mechanical Pencil - I like this combo because it fits well together, understated and professional. This combo sits in my backpack on school days and in my truck normally. I love having a sketchbook for when I'm bored or have an idea.
Moleskine Pocket Ruled Journal - This is the Moleskine that I carry on my person every day, I hate pulling out my phone (well, I hate my phone period...) to save a number or use the notepad on it. The Moleskine works so much better for me because I think there is something unique (and you can ask anyone who knows me, they will say I am VERY unique) about physically writing things down, it also helps me remember better if I write instead of type. This sits in my back right pocket.
Zebra F-301 Compact Pen - I love having a pen on me, it's always come in handy for me and this pen works best IMO. I didn't like the chrome so I repainted it with a dark gunmetal metallic wheel coat I've had sitting around for a few years. I keep this in either my cell phone or coin pocket, or sharing space with my keys, it depends on what I'm wearing.
 Leatherman Skeletool CX - I realized that I left this out... So I had to steal a picture of one from the internet. This get used DAILY probably 4-5x a day easily! I used this for taking a sunroof out of a junkyard 4Runner and putting it back into mine (I had some other tools but taking it out of the junkyard truck was mostly done by this). I carry this either in my coin pocket, cell phone pocket, or right side pocket depending on what I'm wearing.
Samsung phone on a Sprint plan - Piece of crap, will be replaced with a Droid X soon. Carried in my right pocket. I hate this phone.

Vehicle and House keys on a Paracord lanyard - Right pocket carry

Wallet - I keep a spare key to my truck here, along with all my cards and money - Back left pocket carry.
Surefire - Carried with my Moleskine when I do carry it, right back pocket. I do want to upgrade to a Nitecore or 4Sevens soon though...

No comments:

Post a Comment