Monday, June 6, 2011

Custom Engraving on Zippo and DIY Lanyard

So Charley Whiskey got my Zippo and Pen Body Lanyard Bead tickets to a round with the engraver at his work. They turned out great with the only flaw being he mistakenly misspelled NEMESIS as NEMISIS on the Zippo, no big deal. For what was done I simply do not care! The Zippo got my signature XD Grenade done on one side with NEMISIS (Misspelled like that) above it, while the other side got the entire prayer from The Boondock Saints (One of my all-time favorite movies).
The Zippo was quite hard to photograph right but
I managed to get a few good pictures out of the 30 or so I took of it. This side shows the XD Grenade and if you look closely on the lid you might be able to make out NEMISIS. As I said, this minor detail does not bother me because the XD Grenade on this side is so awesome I never notice! The Zippo also matches the Ruko 067 quite nicely, good pair those two.
Here is another angle of that side, you can clearly make everything out on this one. I will probably end up getting a satin silver Zippo and doing the same thing (correcting the spelling this time however) again because I can get a special chemical spread over it that oxidizes the brass turning it black. This would give me a silver Zippo with black lettering, very classy and unique. I am picturing this on a 1941 reproduction Zippos which works pretty well in my head.
Ok so by "a few" pictures I meant 3, but this shows the prayer on the other side, it has a perfect split in my opinion on what half of the prayer goes where. The entire prayer reads:
"And Shepherds we shall be,
for Thee my Lord for Thee. 
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, 
that out feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. 
And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, 
and teeming with souls shall it ever be. 
In Nomeni Patri, 
Et Fili, 
En Spiritus Sancti."
The last three phrases are latin for "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit". The split between the lid and the body is right before the part about flowing a river, and is the best split in my opinion because that is where the longest pause is in the prayer and the point that the Brothers in the movie usually start saying it much louder, then they kill someone. I need to watch that movie again now...

1 comment: